Location: Fort Meade, Maryland
Security Clearance: Top Secret / SCI + Full Scope Poly
Primary Labor Category: Junior Engineer
Position Requirements: The Junior Engineer will help the customer by performing various tasks to modernize programs, systems and processes. The tasks will involve investigations to gain a better understanding of the current systems and then help to create a new design for the modernized system. This effort will involve using a variety of skillsets (small amount of software, systems engineering, etc.) Therefore, this position requires someone that is flexible and eager to tackle a variety of issues.
Work Location: NBP320
CCA Accepted?: No
◦ A BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or an equivalent technical field. Otherwise (if not degree), requires a minimum of 1 year engineering experience in any of the following:
◦ Signal Analysis
◦ Modern Telecommunications System and Networks
◦ Telephony Switching System
◦ Communications Systems
◦ Cellular/Personal Communications Systems
◦ TDM/PCM Multiplexing/Modulation/Switching Systems
◦ Packet Switching System
◦ Systems Engineering
◦ Operating Systems
◦ Advanced Protocols
◦ Requires strong LINUX background.
◦ Requires an understanding of software development (need to be able to review/modify Java code). NOTE: This not a full time software development position.
◦ BASH scripting required
◦ Requires someone that is highly motivated, flexible, and eager to tackle a variety of issues.
Preferred Qualifications: Database background is a plus (not required).